You apply electronically, either at the school's own website, www.kristiansand.fhs.no or at www.folkehogskole.no
You can apply anytime you want (no deadlines). Admission starts February 1st and lasts as long as there is room.
The following must be in order for the application to be complete:
- All fields of the application form must be filled out.
- Relevant attachments must be submitted (electronically or by regular mail). A copy of the final transcript from high school must be submitted, with your name and social security applied. The document must contain information about behavior and reports of absence.
- If you've been working the last school year: verification from your employer or the name and phone number of a person of reference.
- The application must also include a section where you talk about yourself and about your motivation to go to this school.
- Applicants must generally be 18 years old by the end of the year which school starts, but the management decide whether they can make exceptions to this rule. Applicants under 18 will then be accepted under exceptional circumstances.
- You must be motivated to go to school and to participate actively and positively in the course of choice and in relation to the school community as a whole.
- The school management wil strive to obtain a balanced number of boys and girls, this will be emphasized during admission process.
- The school leadership will consider the proportion of students who need special arrangements based on an overall capacity of the school.
- Applicants with special needs are expected to account for this at an early stage in the process, usually at an arranged visit to the school. Admission based on special circumstances are to be carried out during the period February 1st to May 1st.
- Foreign applicants who need a residence permit from the Directorate of Immigration (UDI), is entitled to admission before 1 February and should apply in good time before this date. All foreign applicants must have a contact who is a Norwegian resident and speaks and writes Norwegian fluently.